Friday, July 24, 2009

Swimming in the River

On Thursday afternoon, we headed down to the river for a swim...it was so refreshing! I haven't been well the last few days, but I am so glad we went.

The river is where they get the sand to make the concrete for all the construction work going on here - they simple pump it out. Some men live down by the river in this little floating house to keep an eye on everything.

There's a rope swing too...and yes I did have a couple of swings and it was a LOT of fun!! A couple of the guys climbed up the tree and jumped in too, but I wasn't quite that brave (or stupid).

As it hasn't rained much lately, the water is fairly clear, which means it's ok to swim, as we can see the snakes...yes, snakes! We didn't see any, thank goodness, and it's so hot here even the thought of them in the water didn't put me off going in!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Sarah you were brave to get into the water .Hope your feeling better will pray that you both keep well love NANA

Sarah said...

Thanks Nana :) We are both still not 100%, so we really appreciate your prayers! Hope you are doing well. Love Sarah.

rachel said...

hay sarah and ben.
Ben, as you my remember i am petrified of snakes. it gave me a shiver just reading that there my have been a snake in the water. You are both so very brave. May God continue to keep you both safe and bless both yourself's and those around you. from rachel edwards.

Sarah said...

Hey Rach - great to hear from you! We heard tonight that they have crocodiles in the rivers as well....probably further inland but! Congrats on your new baby as well - very exciting! the family is growing :) Say hi to Pete for me. Ben.